Day Fifty-Six - 5/11/2012 - Cork

     It's been almost two months now that I've stayed in Ireland.  Mondays are the days when I have the most class, five hours representing about half of my classes in one day.  I've had the chance to examine education from a completely different viewpoint, one that teaches you to rely on yourself.  I've had the chance to meet some interesting people from other countries, from California, and from various parts of Ireland.  I've been able to visit different regions and counties of Ireland, learning about local history and taking in the beautiful landscape of the diverse isle.
     I never formally explained the title of this blog - Éirinn Go Brách.  It translates from Irish to roughly "Ireland Forever" (note the URL of this blog).  It is a phrase used to denote a sense of pride about Ireland, its people, culture, and tradition.  Now you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go raibh maith agat.
(Irish, literal: A thousand thanks)
Thanks a million!