Day Thirty-One - 11/10/2012 - Cork

     It had rained all night, the hardest and longest rain I had yet seen in Ireland.  When I woke up this morning, the Lee was running a mute latte brown.  Indeed, it remained that colour the entire day.
     I fulfilled a personal goal today while in Coffee Station, the cafe outside the main gates to campus.  I read the Cork Independent, my first Irish newspaper.  The newspaper focused, obviously, on County Cork, covering stories about a new Dairygold milk processing facility to a charity dog show.  I was also forming an inkling of political process in Ireland.  It also had some interesting reviews of local pubs and some details about upcoming Jazz Festival events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go raibh maith agat.
(Irish, literal: A thousand thanks)
Thanks a million!